Leave, Disability & Workers Compensation

Sick Leave Bank

The Sick Leave Bank (SLB) is a voluntary pool of local leave days for a full-time District employee whose documented health condition extends beyond his or her own accumulated state and local leave.


A maximum of 60 SLB leave days may be granted in a school year.


An illness or injury is a condition or combination of conditions that:

  1. Is life-threatening, requires 5 or more days of hospitalization or major medical treatment, such as surgery, chemotherapy, and radiation; and requires the services of a licensed healthcare provider throughout the period of the sick leave; or
  2. Has totally physically incapacitated the individual from work; and requires the services of a licensed healthcare provider throughout the period of the sick leave.


To be eligible to apply for SLB leave, an employee must participate in the SLB, must have used all available compensatory time and all available state, local, and/or vacation leave days, and must have been absent due to a documented health condition for at least two consecutive workdays.

Family Medical Leave Act

FMLA requires covered employers to provide up to 12 weeks of unpaid, job-protected leave to eligible employees for the following reasons:

  • For incapacity due to pregnancy, prenatal medical care or child birth;
  • To care for the employee’s child after birth, or placement for adoption or foster care;
  • To care for the employee’s spouse, son or daughter, or parent, who has a serious health condition; or
  • For a serious health condition that makes the employee unable to perform the employee’s job.


As a requirement for FMLA, employees must be employed with the district at least 12 months prior to taking medical leave.

Temporary Disability Leave

Any full-time employee shall be eligible for temporary disability leave due to their own serious medical condition. The maximum length of temporary disability leave shall be 180 calendar days, which runs concurrent with Family Medical Leave.

Alliance Medical Centers

Goose Creek employees who have reported an injury on the job may go to their own doctor if he/she is on The Political Subdivision Workers' Compensation Alliance list of medical providers. For a complete list or to search specific doctors please go to

Occupational Medicine-Norman Quesada M.D.

Houston Methodist San Jacinto Occupational Health Clinic TMH Physician Associates, PLLC dba Methodist Academic Medicine Associates

1677 West Baker Road, Suite 1601 Baytown, TX 77521

Phone: 888-977-3319

Fax: 877-769-0320

Office Hours: 8 AM - 4 PM, Monday - Friday

(Please contact before you go)

Lorenzo Perez MD

AFC Urgent Care American Family Care General Medicine

8831 N. Hwy 146 Baytown, TX 77523

Located by I-10 and Hwy 146 Wal-Mart

Phone: 281.573.4100

Fax: 281.533.8354

Office Hours: 8 AM - 8 PM, Monday - Sunday

(Please contact before you go)

Primary Care Clinic, Urgent Care

US Health Works

1309 W. Fairmont Pkwy., Suite S La Porte, TX 77571

Phone: 281.470.0543

Fax: 281.470.1542

Office Hours: 8 AM - 5 PM, Monday - Friday

(Please contact before you go)

Anthony Capili MD and John Redman MD

West Chambers Medical Clinic Family Medicine

9825 Eagle Drive Baytown, TX 77523

Phone: 281.576.0670

Fax: 281.576.0673

Office Hours: 7:15 AM - 5:30 PM, Monday - Friday Saturday, 8 AM - 12 PM

Samuel Shek MD

Next Level Urgent Care

7710 Garth Road, Ste. A Baytown, TX 77521

Phone: 281.783.8162

Office Hours: 9 AM - 9 PM, Monday - Sunday

Workers' Compensation

Workers' Compensation is a state-regulated insurance program that provides employees with income and medical benefits if they sustain a work-related injury or illness.


Workers' Compensation pays for work injury medical bills and replaces a portion of your lost wages. 

  • Procedures

    All principals, assistant principals, supervisors, nurses, secretaries and administration personnel are required to immediately report any on the job injury an employee reports to them, or one of which they have knowledge to their campus or department WC reporting contact. 

    Campus/department WC contacts must file the online First Report of Injury (FROI) on all incidents and injuries and ensure the following is done within 24 hours.


      Do you need help with the FROI? 

      These instructions will walk you through the process and give you answers when you are not sure.


      A FROI must be filed on all incidents or injuries regardless of loss time, medical treatment, or if employee refuses to sign or cooperate!