Student Services


Registering Your Child in GCCISD


Below are guidelines to help in the enrollment of students new to Goose Creek CISD:

  • The adult enrolling a student must establish his/her relationship to the student. (Birth Certificate, Court Papers, CPS Order, etc.) If the adult is not the parent, the school needs to know where parent/parents are.
  • Proof of the parent or guardian's residence entitles the student to enrollment in Goose Creek Schools. (Schools are assigned on the basis of residential address).
  • A current lease, rental agreement deed or a current utility bill (water, gas, electric) are required proof of residency.
  • A record of immunizations showing that the child is current on all required shots is required.
  • A withdrawal form or a report card from the previous school, the name, address, and phone number of the school are required.
  • A Social Security Card is requested but not required.

Transfer Students

If you are interested in obtaining a student transfer for your child from one Goose Creek CISD school to another, you will need to contact the office of Student Services to obtain the In-District Transfer Request form. It must be completed and returned to the Office of Student Services. According to District guidelines, transfers are allowed for "extreme extenuating circumstances" only.


Please note:

If your residence or housing is uncertain, you lack a permanent physical address, or you live at a temporary address, you can still enroll in school. Contact the school's attendance clerk or the District's liaison, Lisa Vaughn, 281-420-4423 for more information.



The Texas Education Code §25.001(h) and the Texas Penal Code §37.10 provide penalties for falsifying school district records. The criminal penalty is a Class C misdemeanor with a maximum fine of up to $500.00. In addition, monetary penalties may be assessed. A person who knowingly falsifies or provides misleading information on a form required for enrollment of a student in school district is liable for (1) the maximum tuition fee, or (2) The amount the district has budgeted for each student as maintenance and operating expenses.